Separator is a component that is used in lead acid battery manufacturing to avoid the plates from short circuit.
Main applications of separator in lead acid battery are:
- As an electrical and insulation between positive and negative plates in lead acid battery
- Preventing the passage of particles of active material while creating ionic conductivity between positive and negative plates
- Provide maximum electrolyte permeability and minimize the displacement of the electrolyte at the same time.
- Prevent the transfer of antimony ions from positive to negative plate
Advantages on performance :
– Longer life time
– More powerful energy
– High CCA performance
Advantages on properties :
– High oxidation resistance .
– Low electrical resistance .
– Low skew & Wavy edge .
– Excellent enveloper runnability .
– Reduces sealing defection .